The following awards are presented to students who excel in various domains:
- Academic Awards for Top Students in each subject per level/stream
- Co-curricular Activity (CCA) Awards for the Best Recruit of the Year in each Uniformed Group
- Model Learner Awards for students who have shown positive attitude towards learning and performed beyond expectations
In addition to the awards above, the following awards sponsored by our partners, are also presented to students who have achieved excellent academic results, displayed exemplary leadership and character qualities or excelled in CCAs and the Performing Arts.
- Dean Dumper Trophy/ School Management Committee Medal for the Top All-Round Student in Secondary 4/5
- Liza Mathew George Trophy for the Top Student in the GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations
- Goh Foundation Limited Awards for the Most Outstanding All-Round Student in Secondary 4/5. Top Student in the Express/Normal (Academic) stream of each level and the Most Improved Student in the GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations.
- SMC Award for the Top in Normal (Technical) Course in each level
- SMC Scholarship-Academic Excellence for the top PSLE students in Secondary 1, and in subsequent years if they continue to remain the top 10% of their cohort
- SMC Scholarship-Sports Excellence for students who have excelled in sports and have done reasonably well academically
- Kilgour-Holloway Bursary for Academic Excellence in Secondary 3.
- Bishop’s Prize for the Most Improved Student in Secondary 2
- Isabel Low English Literature Prize for the Top Literature student in Secondary 4
This award is sponsored by Mrs Isabel Low, a Literature Teacher, who had a passion for English Literature and wanted to encourage students to do well in the subject.
- Caroline Lee Trophy for the Most Outstanding Performing Art Student
This award is sponsored by Professor Philip Lee, the husband of late Mrs Caroline Lee, an ex-Principal of St. Margaret’s School (Secondary).
- SMESA Trophy for the Student Council President
- SMESA Trophy for outstanding students in the Performing Arts CCAs
- PSG Dedicated Service Award for Clubs and Societies - awarded to one upper secondary student and one lower secondary student who have exhibited commitment and exemplary service.
- Wong Hoe Eng CCA Awards for Best Cadet of the Year Award in each Uniformed Group