Singaporean students may apply for financial assistance from the Ministry of Education. The criteria for eligibility is as follows:
- Family’s gross household income (GHI): not exceeding $3000/- per month
- Family’s per capita income (PCI): not exceeding $750/- per month
Parents/students may obtain the application form for the Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) through one of the ways as listed below:
(a) Apply using the MOE FAS e-application form (eFAS) via FormSG.
(b) Download the application form directly from the school website;
(c) Obtain the application form from the General Office reception counter;
For submission of FAS application form, parents/students have the options to submit via FormSG or hard-copy form:
(a) Complete the MOE FAS e-application form via FormSG; or
(b) Drop the hardcopy form and supporting documents into the assigned pigeon-hole at the school’s General Office.
Please ensure that the forms are duly completed and all required supporting documents are attached.
Window Periods for the Submission of the FAS Application Form
The window periods for the submission of the FAS application form are shown below:
*S4-6 to S4-8 students should only submit their FAS application forms if they are continuing their studies at St. Margaret’s School (Secondary) at Secondary 5.
New applications may still be submitted during the course of the year. However, the FAS will only take effect in the following month after it has been approved. There will be no financial assistance given for the months that have already passed.
FAS Approved by Other Schools
Students whose FAS applications have been approved by other schools for 2024 are to submit a copy of the FAS Approval Letter to St. Margaret’s School (Secondary). The school will follow up with a reply on the procedure for collection of textbooks and school attire.
Renewal of the FAS
Students who were on the FAS in 2023 and wish to renew their FAS in 2024 will need to submit a new application.
Benefits of the FAS
Successful applicants will receive:
- Full waiver of school fees of $5.00 and miscellaneous fees of $20.00 per month
(Autonomous School fees of $3.00 per month are to be paid using the FAS students’ Edusave Funds)
- Free School Attire
- Free Textbooks
- Public Transport Subsidy of $17 per month in the form of e-Vouchers which are to be redeemed from Transitlink each month. Secondary 1 FAS students should redeem for both the January and February e-Vouchers ($34) in February. Thereafter, redemption is on a monthly basis (between 28th of current month to 10th of the following month).
- Subsidy for Meals in the School Canteen: $3.50 per meal x 10 meals per week – during term time only. MOE FAS students are to activate their Student Smart Card at the school’s General Office (one-time activation), before they can tap their card at the terminal at any canteen stall on a weekly basis to receive their subsidies.
Secondary 1 students are required to activate their new Secondary School Student Smart Card at the school’s General Office when they receive it in March 2024 to continue receiving subsidies
- DigitalAccess@Home provides eligible Singaporean families with 3 years of subsidized fibre broadband connectivity and/or device.
- Please visit website www.digitalaccess.gov.sg for more information or contact 63773800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also approach the school for a hard copy of the application form.
Information is correct as of 19 October 2023.